Beat the heat with a bowl of Refreshing Cold Cucumber Soup, a delightful and hydrating culinary creation that brings together the crispness of cucumbers with a burst of refreshing herbs. This chilled soup is a perfect antidote to hot summer days, offering a cool and invigorating experience for your taste buds. Join us in exploring the steps to craft this light and flavorful soup that’s ideal for keeping cool and satisfied.
Ingredients: Cold Cucumber Soup
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth (chilled)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Fresh cucumber slices and herbs for garnish
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Dice the cucumber flesh.
Blending the Soup Base:
- In a blender, combine the diced cucumbers, Greek yogurt, sour cream, mint leaves, dill, minced garlic, chopped green onions, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Seasoning and Chilling:
- Season the cucumber mixture with salt and white pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Gradually add chilled vegetable broth to the blender and continue blending until well combined.
- Transfer the soup to a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, give the soup a good stir. If it has thickened too much, you can add more chilled vegetable broth to achieve your desired consistency.
- If desired, add ice cubes to individual serving bowls for an extra chill.
- Ladle the Refreshing Cold Cucumber Soup into bowls.
- Garnish with fresh cucumber slices and a sprinkle of additional mint or dill.
- Extra Creaminess: For a silkier texture, strain the soup through a fine mesh sieve after blending to remove any remaining solids.
- Custom Toppings: Enhance each serving with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a drizzle of olive oil, or a pinch of finely chopped herbs.
Conclusion: Cold Cucumber Soup
Refreshing Cold Cucumber Soup is a celebration of freshness and coolness, making it the perfect companion for warm weather or whenever you crave a light and invigorating dish. With the crispness of cucumbers and the herbal notes of mint and dill, this chilled soup is a delightful symphony of flavors that will leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied. Enjoy the cool and revitalizing experience of Refreshing Cold Cucumber Soup. Bon appétit!
The main ingredients typically include cucumbers, yogurt or sour cream, fresh herbs (such as dill or mint), onions, garlic, vegetable or chicken broth, and a splash of lemon juice or vinegar.
Cucumbers are usually peeled and diced or thinly sliced before being blended into a smooth consistency. Some recipes may reserve a portion of diced cucumbers for added texture.
Yes, both yogurt and sour cream are common choices to add creaminess to the soup. Greek yogurt is often preferred for its thickness and tangy flavor.
Yes, the choice of herbs can vary based on personal preference. Dill and mint are popular choices, but parsley or chives can also be used to enhance the flavor.
While the focus is on cucumbers, some recipes may include other vegetables like green bell peppers or celery for added depth of flavor and color.
Cold Cucumber Soup is typically served chilled. After blending, it’s recommended to refrigerate the soup for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld and enhance the refreshing quality.